While struggling to cope with my life-long chronic anxiety and my father’s terminal cancer diagnosis, I stumbled upon Kundalini Yoga in 2000 during college. My first class was at the University of Minnesota's rec center and had several football players in it! I was moved by the breath work, and I was in love with the idea of keeping my eyes closed throughout class. One class turned into a regular practice that provided me with an essential outlet for letting go of all the emotions that no longer served me. When I consistently brought myself to my yoga mat to practice, I found deeper meaning in my choices and relationships. I felt my heart open to myself, inviting in a kinder voice and softer approach. It has truly been an amazing journey into peace and contentment.
I am a RYT 200 with the Yoga Alliance and a member of the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association. I am deeply passionate about helping people to see and treat themselves with greater compassion. I believe yoga has a unique way of allowing individuals to connect and listen to their inner voice and see their inner landscape. My teaching style blends my knowledge of human psychology and energy anatomy, with a little bit of humor, and I LOVE to play the Gong.
My Yoga Training:
- Kundalini Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training (2010)
- Kundalini Yoga Level 2 Life Cycles (2011), Level 2 Mind & Meditation (2016) and Level 2 Stress & Vitality (2017)
- Restorative Yoga (2015)
- Pranayama with Max Strom (2016)
- 1,000-hour Yoga Therapy training (began 2016- estimated graduation 2020)
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP), specializing in Psychiatry and Mental Health, from University of Minnesota (2018)
- M.A. in Nursing from Augsburg College (2009)
- B.S. in Nursing from the University of Minnesota (2004)
- Healing Touch Practitioner (since 2012), www.healingtouchprogram.com